FORUMS: list search recent posts

Up the Blu-Ray creek

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
moosecow
Up the Blu-Ray creek
on Sep 13, 2007 at 12:01:31 am

I think I'm up the blu-ray creek without a paddle. I bought a blu-Ray burner from FastMac and installed in my my non-Intel G-5 Mac. I bought Adobe Encore CS3 which only works on my Intel Macbook Pro. I bought Toast 8 which I installed on the same Mac as the blu-ray burner.

So I author a blu-ray disc in Encore and output it as a Blu-Ray disc image. I then switch the drive over to the non-intel Mac and use Toast 8 to burn the disc using the VIDEO TS interface (much like I would do for a standard DVD) to a BD-R disc. I bought the Samsung BD-P 1000 player which claims to play BD-R discs. It does not play.

My question is: Can you burn a blu-ray disc image as a data disc or in the Video-TS interface of Toast 8 and expect it to play anywhere?

Thanks for any tips.

Warren Gentry

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
Re: Up the Blu-Ray creek
on Sep 19, 2007 at 11:51:51 am

Warren,

We have the BP-1000 and haven't had any issues playing BD-Rs on it. Although we haven't tried Toast, I know that it does support UDF file-system, so most likely you're not setting up your directory structure correctly. There is no VIDEO_TS in BD but instead a BDMV in the root of your disc. Alternatively, see if encore can make an image. You can then burn it with ImgBurn, a free utility.

Max
---
Author
Area 4
New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]