FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sonic SD -1000 Encoder (MAC) Assistance

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gaidensaga
Sonic SD -1000 Encoder (MAC) Assistance
on Sep 8, 2007 at 3:57:57 am

After reading numerous message boards online, I finally decided to invest on the Sonic SD 1000 encoder to encode all my footage. Since I purchased the item on Ebay, it literally came with no manuals whatsoever, and Sonic's support staff leaves alot to be desired. I was wondering if anyone here has some experiencing importing a FinalCut Pro Movie/quicktime to the encoder. Basically if anyone could provide me with a walkthrough on how to import and encode a file, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Sonic SD -1000 Encoder (MAC) Assistance
on Sep 8, 2007 at 7:52:53 pm

On what system- those are quite quite outdated.

Noah

Return to posts index

Max @ Area 4
Re: Sonic SD -1000 Encoder (MAC) Assistance
on Sep 19, 2007 at 5:28:43 pm

I used the card for quite a few encodes a while back. The SD1000 is identical to the 2000 as far as quality, and the 2000 was and still is being used on many studio titles. BUT, I don't remember the card (and driving software) being able to handle transcoding. We had a DigiBeta hooked up to it and the card took in live SDI and audio. We also used it with a Media Composer Avid in "VTR emulation" mode, which pretty much means that the sequence in Avid was considered a deck by the card. If you can do this with FCP, that's your ticket. You'll need to put the card in a separate machine, though.

Max
--
Author
Area 4
New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]