FORUMS: list search recent posts

iDVD burning the project to a DVD!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dmcel23
iDVD burning the project to a DVD!
on Aug 24, 2007 at 10:37:34 am

I guess I really don't understand the process as a whole. My first time working with creating a DVD menu and burning a dvd in one.

All I want to do simply is burn what I have created on iDVD. I have an external burner, and I've made sure all my media is on my hard drive as the iDVD "help" section stresses. Yet when I click Burn, it's starts to initiate the burn and then cancels out after 1 second. The encoder says my original Quicktime file (which was 6GB) fits at 2.4 GB. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Is there a basic process to this that I am missing?

Return to posts index

Matt
Re: iDVD burning the project to a DVD!
by
on Aug 25, 2007 at 5:09:00 pm

I burn in iDVD all the time in my business. Question: you stated the it's a 6 GB QT File. How long, timewise, is your project? I've found in iDVD that your limited to about 2 hours of video and audio for a DVD. I once had a project that ran out to about 1 hour and 58 minutes that I thought would fit, but after adding chapters and menus, it would'nt go. Had to edit out some video to make it fit.
If iDVD says it fits, then check under Project Info on the toolbar. If your project exceed 1 hour, you have to check "Best Quality" if you want to burn.

Matt

Return to posts index

dmcel23
on Aug 25, 2007 at 5:54:30 pm

Hmm,

It's actually a half hour long. And I added a photo slideshow that with about 90 pictures. That's all that's on there. Does the QT file have to be a certain format, it plays in the preview mode fine? It says the disk would come out to bout 2.4 gb. My burner is an external burner. Could that have something to do with it?I figured if it did it would give me an error message about not having a device, but it doesn't. Literally almost nothing happens.

Return to posts index

Matt
by
on Aug 26, 2007 at 4:00:22 pm

There was something I read a while back that iDVD was built to burn on a mac system, like my G5 with internal burner only. There was an article out there that proclaimed a method of getting iDVD to burn to an external burner. The guy that had a website out there about iDVD had the name of Ken Stone, I think. Maybe that will help you out. I seem to recall something about burning the QT file as an Image file first from the disk copy function and then burning, and I think the above author, Stone had some info on that. Sorry I can't be of much help, as I never had to cope with the external burner issue.
Matt

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Aug 26, 2007 at 5:37:04 pm

I don't know which version of iDVD you're using but this might help:

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/idvd_6_stone.html

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/idvd_07_stone.html

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/image_to_disk_stone.html

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>