FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adaptec and DLT not seeing each other.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
duncan
Adaptec and DLT not seeing each other.
on Aug 21, 2007 at 2:35:44 pm

Afternoon fellow Creatives, I'm having DLT nightmate, the system is not seeing the drive.
The Adaptec AHA-2944UW scsi card is not seeing the dlt drive during post, the drive is seen when connect to a different pc with a different scsi card, a AHA-2940U2W. The main difference between the two cards is Low Voltage Differential against High Voltage Differential. Would this be the problem?

Any other help you can give me regarding setting up the DLT drive would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Pelle_Ferner
Re: Adaptec and DLT not seeing each other.
on Aug 22, 2007 at 2:19:23 pm

Hello.
Have you tried update your ASPI drivers. This solved the same problem for me with another adaptec cards.

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/scsi_soft/ASPI/ASPI-4.70/

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Adaptec and DLT not seeing each other.
on Aug 23, 2007 at 2:54:19 pm

You can't mix LVD and HVD peripherals; also there is differential and non-differential SCSI. Most DLT drives like the Quantum DLT-2000/4000/7000 are plain old SCSI-2 that work just fine with Adaptec 2930/2940 cards. But there are differential SCSI versions of some of those drives--a yellow sticker on the back of the drive tells you what kind it is. Later DLT drives like DLT-1 an beyond have more advanced high speed data interfaces.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]