FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP van an overlay layer graphic keep its color

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
krgarty
DVDSP van an overlay layer graphic keep its color
on Aug 19, 2007 at 5:12:46 pm

I'm sure there are threads concerning this issue- but I don't know how people refer to it, so I can't find them.

Here is what I want to do. I have a menu with a Apple Motion background. The Motion background has text. Each line of text is a where I've placed my buttons. I have an overlay file (an still image of the last frame of the Motion file- but without the background) so the overlay has a white background and the text is black. Everything works great- when I move the mouse over the button the keyed color changes. However what I want to do is have a graphic next to the text that appears when you scroll over r that button, however I don't want the graphic to change color- be keyed in a sense. Is there any way to do this. I imagine you do it with layers in Photoshop, but I don't know how to make it so the graphic doesn't get keyed.

Return to posts index

eric
Re: DVDSP van an overlay layer graphic keep its color
by
on Aug 19, 2007 at 5:39:34 pm

This is done with layered menus in DVDSP. However, I don't believe you can mix layered menus and standard overlay menus in DVDSP. Layered menus should be avoided in my opinion. Each layer is treated as its own separate menu so the players laser must stop and refocus every time you go from button to button.

Slow navigation and faulty software player performance is normal. I scene several settops player fail with layered menus as well.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVDSP van an overlay layer graphic keep its color
on Aug 20, 2007 at 4:58:06 pm

You can add the graphic to the overlay. For example, if you want a diamond character to appear when the text button changes color to indicate selection, just add a black diamond before each line of text in the overlay. Then make sure the hot zone for each button includes both the line of text and the diamond.

If you want the diamond to appear in a different color from the text, use red for the diamond in the overlay.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]