FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a DVD with AE ?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
broxbrox
How to make a DVD with AE ?
on Aug 14, 2007 at 6:38:34 pm

Hello friends !

Well, I kow it sounds a little bit weired, and I was looking for an answer, but could not find any solution.

I have my original footge loaded into AE, and everything is done. Now, I wanted to export that movie, to make a DVD.

I wanted to export uncompressed, so I will not loose any quality of the movie - and I could see, that I would need about 200 GB for 1 h 20 minutes... I don't have so much space on my harddisk, and so I have no idea how I can create a DVD ?

I have a DVD maker software on my computer, and it seems to be, that this software can only import avi files. First I thought, okay, let's export DVD, but I could find out, that I can't export a DVD format with high quality. I don't know why, but the preset let me just choose the low quality, and after exporting and playing the .m2vh file, it's really bad with the quality.

Hmm, so can someone tell me how I can create a simply DVD ?
What do I have to export without loosing extreme quality, I mean, if I can hold a regular DVD Quality that's usual, that's pefect, that's all I would like to have.

And yes, the software I have preinstalled on my computer came with winows vista, and makes me automaticly a menue, which is really good, and I like it very much.

ok, thank you so much for every little help !

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: How to make a DVD with AE ?
on Aug 14, 2007 at 11:09:15 pm

I think the best option might be to add a Firewire or USB external drive so that you can export the uncompressed file and work with it. But you may run into a 2Gb file size limit with AVI files. The way to go with large media files is Quicktime.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

broxbrox
on Aug 15, 2007 at 12:25:28 am

Hmm, ins't there no other way ?
Is it not possible to export from AE a DVD format ?

That's really strange....

Return to posts index

broxbrox
on Aug 15, 2007 at 12:29:23 am

oh yes, I forgot, do I need to buy a DVD mp2 codec ?
I can select DVD Format in AE, but can't select High Quality and save these settings....

what do I need for ?

thx a lot.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 15, 2007 at 1:16:26 am

Google for DVD authoring. AE does not make DVD's and there is no way a DVD cannot be MPEG2.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and now Apple Color!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

broxbrox
on Aug 15, 2007 at 2:09:36 am

Hmm, well, I thought a regular DVD has an mpg2 format ?
And what shoudl I export to make a DVD fro AE ?

thx a lot.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Aug 15, 2007 at 2:44:27 pm

Does your DVD authoring software accept an uncompressed QT file? Some do this and encode the media within the authoring program.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 15, 2007 at 3:12:00 pm

Yep it will be encoded ultimately to MPEG2 or MP2- whatever you prefer. Broxbox- you need to research a bit about DVD authoring. You don't just go AE to DVD...

Noah

Return to posts index

broxbrox
on Aug 16, 2007 at 12:31:20 am

okay, I do understand now.

Let's ask right question: I want to know, which format I do have to export from AE, to make a DVD in a Authoring Software ?

If I would export uncompressed, I get 180 GB for 1h20 minutes.
So, I would like to know, whihc format I have to export, to get a smaller size of file, but not lossing quality, and so that I can use this format in my authoring tool.

thx a lot....

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 16, 2007 at 12:50:47 am

It doesn't really matter in terms of file size as all footage will eventually become MPEG-2 when it goes to DVD. Uncompressed is a fine place to start from in AE.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]