FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning DVD9 with ROM content

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FargoRoss
Burning DVD9 with ROM content
on Aug 14, 2007 at 1:08:35 pm

We have authored a DVD-9 on our Sonic Fusion station (OS 9!). We had to do this to get weblinks to function.

Now we need to burn this disc and its ROM content to a DVD-9 (Dual Layer DVD). I am unable to do this in DVDSP, because it gives me errors about the breakpoint. "DRBurnDoubleLayerL0DataZoneBlocksKey contains an invalid value".

I can burn the disc as a data disc in toast, and all the content is there, but it doesn't play in DVD players. I can select the VIDEO_TS burn in toast, but I am unable to add the ROM content.

Is there a proven way to burn a disc like this?

thanks!
-Ross Hendrickson
Video Arts Studios

Return to posts index

lukeny
Re: Burning DVD9 with ROM content
on Aug 14, 2007 at 1:56:23 pm

Sonic ROM formatter will do this. It is for PC only but can write MAC files with the resource forks(OS9).If you burn with Toast the layer break will move and will result in a seamless layer break, which you do not want.

Return to posts index

roswell
on Aug 15, 2007 at 2:38:47 pm

FargoRoss,

I do this all the time. I create my DVD output files (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) with Sony DVD Architect 4 and any DVD-ROM content with another program (I use AutoPlay by Indigo Rose Corp)and put that content in a completely different folder.

Now, when you're ready to output the whole thing to DVD, I use NERO 7. Open NERO and set the compiliation type to DVD Video.

Now simply drag YOUR VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders over to replace the blanks that NERO created for you in an explorer window. That takes care of your DVD video part. Now, open the folder containing your DVD-ROM stuff and and drag the individual files (not the folder) over to accompany the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders already there.

That's it. If your DVD-ROM content has an autostart.ini file, it will automatically begin playing that content on a computer. Otherwise, toss the DVD into a DVD player and it will automatically start playing your DVD content on TV.

Keep in mind, that an autostart.ini file is critical if you want the computer to do something when the DVD is loaded...otherwise you'll have to instruct your client to manually execute the .exe file (start/run/browse/...) to get that content running.

Give Autoplay Media Studio 6 a try. It's an excellent program.

Hope this helps.

Roswell

Return to posts index

lukeny
on Aug 15, 2007 at 6:13:28 pm

The only problem is the layer break will not be on the same cell that the authoring system has originally placed it. Nero, Toast, Roxio, etc will almost always burn Layer 0 out to the very end before writing layer 1. This will cause a seamless layer break. The DVD spec says the layer break must be non-seamless. If you are creating this DVD for yourself may not be a problem but if this is going to a replicator I would make sure the layer break is non-seamless otherwise it will most likely get rejected. So your options are basically burn directly from the authoring program or use Sonics ROM formatter.

Luke

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]