FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Judy Ranelli
DVD question
on Aug 12, 2007 at 2:47:52 pm

My caving club has a 16mm movie that they have had transfered to SVHS in years past. One of the members had the SVHS converted to files on a DVD. Since I am a broadcast video editor, I was asked to add a soundtrack to the (now silent) movie and was given a copy of the DVD. You will now quickly see that I am clueless about DVDs...

We don't generally, ever, rip DVD's at work and have no way to do so. I gave the DVD to another editor who has that capability at home. Well, his home computer died. In the meantime I asked the person who gave me the DVD what format the files were originally in. He said he could give me a DVD that isn't finalized. Would that make the files accessible to me to edit? And what format would they be in?

Thanks for any and all help!

JUDY

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD question
on Aug 12, 2007 at 4:05:01 pm

Once on DVD the files are all multiplexed and must be ripped. Look on google for DVD Ripping tools and you'll find what you need. We don't give a lot of detailed info on how to rip DVDs here for obvious reasons.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and now Apple Color!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Judy Ranelli
Re: DVD question
on Aug 12, 2007 at 4:24:05 pm

Thanks. I am going to contact the company that converted the SVHS to DVD to see if I can get the files they used to make the DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]