FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bit rate

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Roche
Bit rate
on Aug 8, 2007 at 8:35:33 pm

Thanks a lot for the help on my last problem, but here's another question.
I am having glass masters made of my DVD on a large scale (5,000), and I have compressed the footage using DVD best quality 90 min's in compressor, but the compression still looks a little muddy do you think it is safe to raise the bit rate manually, and by how much?
What can do in DVD studio to make the disk look better.
thanks

james roche

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Bit rate
by
on Aug 8, 2007 at 8:38:11 pm

What's your bitrate? It's ALWAYS a good idea to use AC3 audio as well - it takes up less bandwidth giving you more space for a higher bitrate in the video.

Return to posts index

James Roche
on Aug 8, 2007 at 8:55:48 pm

The current bit rate is 6.2mbs, the video has lots of changes in color thus does not compress we'll, the audio I am using in compressor is aiff is there another way in compressot use the audio format that you are talking about?

also what is the relationship between audio and bit rate?

thank you so much,

jimmy

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Aug 8, 2007 at 9:17:46 pm

Is that 6.2 CBR or VBR? If its VBR what is your max bitrates? Yes..there is a definite relation to audio and overall bitrate. DVD allows an overall bitrate of 9.8 for both video and audio combined.
AIF audio takes up about 1.5mb/s of space while AC3 only takes up .192mb/s depending on what setting your using - but .192 is fine for most jobs. So you can see, if your video bitrates jump up into the 8+ range (even for a short time) you could have problems using AIF.

Here's a link for DVDSP

http://creativemac.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=31809

How much video do you have? What tools are you using? I usually will use a CBR encode of around 6.5 or so with 1 hour of video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]