FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro A La Carte

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bibbo
DVD Studio Pro A La Carte
on Aug 8, 2007 at 6:26:07 pm

We are looking for just DVD Studio Pro, NOT FINAL CUT. Is there anyway to buy the one program.

This is the scenerio:

We are a post house. We have AVIDS and FCP's. We also have stations for Cleaning, Posting and DVD authoring. These are the machines that nees DVD Studio Pro.

Everything is networked. If I bought FCP STUDIO 2.0, put FCP on the editing station and then DVD Studio on the Cleaning station would this work if the computer are networked?

We do not have the cleaning stations setup yet or I would try it myself.

thanks

jack

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD Studio Pro A La Carte
on Aug 8, 2007 at 5:55:05 pm

Nope- it's all or nothing and has been for more than a year now. Still $1,200 for a solid DVD authoring program with free Soundtrack Pro, Final Cut Pro, Motion and Color is not a bad deal even if you only want DVDSP. You can choose to only install DVD Studio Pro from the installers though.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and now Apple Color!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

bibbo
on Aug 8, 2007 at 6:25:53 pm

Are you kidding? It is a horrible deal. I understand these bundle deals from Apple and Adobe but when they pigeon hole you into buying things you dont need it is wrong. As a facility I do not need FCP on my cleaning station and 1200 for DVD studio pro is too much for how we use it.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 8, 2007 at 11:44:42 pm

Well then there's always iDVD or Avid's amazing bundles DVD authoring software- oh wait. :)

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and now Apple Color!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]