FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit DVD menu without original files

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kelissa
Edit DVD menu without original files
on Jul 23, 2007 at 4:26:25 pm

I have a DVD with two buttons on the menu: play movie and play extras. I need to duplicate the DVD without the play extras option. I no longer have the original files. Can this be done without rebuilding the whole thing?

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Edit DVD menu without original files
by
on Jul 23, 2007 at 6:14:46 pm

You will need to extract your assets from the disc, do your changes to the menu, then re-author the project.

I like Streamclip to extract:

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

Return to posts index

kelissa
on Jul 24, 2007 at 9:25:21 pm

Thank you for the response. Getting new software takes a very long time here. Currently I have Sonic DVDit, Ulead DVD Movie Factory, and DVD Studio Pro. Is there any way to extract the assets using any of these programs? I apreciate your advice.

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jul 24, 2007 at 9:44:02 pm

The latest versions of DVD MovieFactory allow you to Import from DVD -- which version do you have?

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Jul 24, 2007 at 11:22:34 pm

Kelissa

Use the link I gave you to extract your menus and tracks. Do your changes to the menu in a graphics program and re-author the assets.

Eric

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Jul 24, 2007 at 11:23:56 pm

Won't take long...maybe 5 minutes to extract. No easy work around sorry.

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jul 24, 2007 at 11:42:54 pm

Well, depending on the DVD Structure, you could author a quick menu, then replace the existing with the new one (using something like DVD Remake or PGCedit).

But the extraction approach and re-author is more straight forward...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Jul 25, 2007 at 1:54:03 am

Yes...I had to assume since Kelissa was here asking that question she(?) didn't really know about or how to use one of those tools. :)

Return to posts index

kelissa
on Jul 25, 2007 at 12:13:50 pm

Thank you both very much for the advice. I have put in a request to get MPEG Streamclip, since that sounds like the best (and easiest) solution.

Return to posts index

seminewbie
on Jul 31, 2007 at 12:55:00 am

Dear Kelissa;

I remember the first time a client gave me a dvd to get my content from. I thought I was in real trouble. Then I went to the web and found that everything I needed was available for free.

First I use a program called DVD SHRINK to pull my assets from the disk. Then I use a small program called file merger to place the VOB files together, in order, and then finally a program called REJig (in file mode) to de-multiplex the vob files into M2V and AC3 streams which can be imported any authoring programs.

I assure you it is not as complicated as it sounds. Here are some links that may be of assistance to you.

http://www.videohelp.com/

http://www.dvd-guides.com/

Good Luck

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]