FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP! STUDIO PRO SUBTITLING PROBLEM

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Sheridan
HELP! STUDIO PRO SUBTITLING PROBLEM
on Jul 17, 2007 at 7:22:03 pm

Hi there...thanks for taking my question...I'm currently working with an authoring company that is having trouble with subtitles in DVD Studio Pro. Thought I would ask you guys for help. Here is the problem...we have a feature length film that we're making available in several different languages which require subtitles. We're wondering if there is a way to tell the program when we need a line break. For instance:

I went to the store
and I bought some groceries.

(as opposed to)

I went to the store and I bought some groceries.

At first, we simply tried putting a [return] command. But the second line disappears altogether when we break up the line by pressing [return]. This is also a problem because in Chinese and Japanese the program decides on its own when it wants to break a line and since it doesn't recognize the difference between a character and word in those languages, it ends up breaking lines in awkward places.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: HELP! STUDIO PRO SUBTITLING PROBLEM
on Jul 20, 2007 at 9:27:24 am

What are you using to make the subtitles?
Any decent subtitle editor can do this correct.
(and if you're doing this in DVD SP, you're insane)

My subtitler has keyboard shortcuts for it to make it incredibly fast, you can set the line break no matter where you are in your text, but it does not support Japanese nor Chinese (yet..)

Bouke

http://www.videoToolShed.com
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]