FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this possible?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dylan Tucker
Is this possible?
on Jun 27, 2007 at 11:40:49 am

Hello, I have just been asked to do something, and before I say yes, I'd like to find out if it's possible.

I need to add foreign subtitles to a DVD that has already been authored, but the original files are no longer available. (So using the VOB files I guess.)

Is this doable?

Ta!

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: Is this possible?
on Jun 28, 2007 at 1:56:12 am

It is possible :)

Does the current DVD already have subtitles that you have to keep in the new version?

Do you need to keep all original menus?

What DVD Authoring tools/software are you using (or familiar with)?

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

dylan Tucker
on Jun 28, 2007 at 8:11:59 am

I use DVD Studio Pro. The DVD doesn't have any subtitles on it at the moment. I assume that I'll need to remake the menu if I'm to add a subtitle button of any sort? If there is a way to keep the existing menu assets that would be great, but if not I guess the only way would be to take a screen grab and photoshop a remake of the menu background as best as I can and to remake the buttons? In terms of the DVD i figured that I'd need to locate each VOB file and what each is and to convert them all to MPEG2 and then add the new subtitle track. Am I on the right track? Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Leigh Jewell
on Jun 29, 2007 at 4:55:55 pm

Use the free program MPEG Streamclip - http://www.squared5.com/
it will convert the VOBs to MPEG2 files in one fell swoop and you don't lose any quality as long as you keep it at MPEG2. You can also rip the menu though since you are adding a button, you may still have to go into a program like Photoshop. Actually, you should be adding 2 buttons - one to turn the subtitles on and one to turn them off.

Leigh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]