FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copying old home made DVDs w/ a menu

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcow
Lee Burrows
Copying old home made DVDs w/ a menu
on Jun 25, 2007 at 7:19:04 pm

I would like to duplicate a DVD a friend made a few years ago. It has a menu and the video on it. This is not a copyrighted DVD but one that he made in DVD SP2, i think before he got rid of his equipment.

I have a program YadeX that will write a disk image but I haven't had much success playing back DVDs once I write that disk image on it. It will usually play back on my computer if you tell the DVD player program to open the Video_TS folder BUT it will not play back on a regular DVD player.

Is there a program out there that will allow me to copy this DVD with the menu and video on it? Hopefully so because I don't feel like grabbing the menu and footage off of it and then rebuilding it in DVD studio pro.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Mac OS X (10.4.7)
1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
Dual 2 GHz Processor
Power PC G5
FCP 5.1.2
Black Magic Decklink Extreme
Sony UVW 1800
Motion 2

Return to posts index

Leigh Jewell
Re: Copying old home made DVDs w/ a menu
on Jun 29, 2007 at 5:00:59 pm

Toast would be a good program to use. The program that you are currently using may also work just fine. Since you said that it will play once you navigate to the files, it sounds like the correct files are there. A couple of things to check: make sure that you are writing the disc as UDF not as a mac disc. This would certainly cause a DVD player to not know how to play it. Also make sure that the Video_TS and the Audio_TS are at the root level of the disc - that is, they aren't buried in a folder.
My best guess, though, is that you are burning it as a mac disc.

HTH

Leigh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]