FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad Inkjet Printable Surface?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Betz
Bad Inkjet Printable Surface?
on Jun 21, 2007 at 8:45:54 pm

We recently had a customer return 100 Ritek 8x white inkjet printable DVDs we recently burned and printed with an Autograph7 inkjet printer. The problem is a color variation in the solid red surface - going from a nice red on most of the disc, to a faded pink in areas. As printed and shipped, the discs were perfect.

We're seeing a pattern on the discs (unrelated to the orientation of the printed image). The discs seem to have two areas 180 degrees apart that are 'faded.' It leads us to believe there is a surface flaw on the media.

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Bad Inkjet Printable Surface?
on Jun 22, 2007 at 4:32:54 pm

They will fade when exposed long time to direct sunlight.
I would send them back to your supplier and have them fight it out.
(make sure you ask for a refund)

Meanwhile, check out the watershielded Tayo Yuden. Once you've seen the results of that, you never go back (and they are as good media as Riteks, my former weapon of choice)

Bouke

http://www.videoToolShed.com
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

Michael Betz
on Jun 22, 2007 at 6:30:21 pm

Thanks, Bouke. I would expect them to fade (somewhat) in sunlight. These discs were stacked in clamshell cases on a stock shelf, completely out of the sun in a very climate-controlled setting. It looks like Ritek had a problem applying the inkjet printable coating. Interestingly, they have recently changed their 16x DVD stock from Ritek05 to Maxell.

We will probably switch to the Taiyo Yuden media, even though it is about a third more expensive. The WaterShield discs are very nice, but they are 3x more, so we won't use those except on special jobs.

Michael

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jun 24, 2007 at 9:25:09 am

that's strange. I pay .69 for Tayio Yuden, and .41 for Ritek(euro's)
Indeed more expensive, but not three times, and a max run is about 350 over here (otherwise is sent it out to a plant)
So on the biggest jobs it is about 100 euro difference on a 1000 euro job, aint't that much concidering the huge quality difference.

Bouke

http://www.videoToolShed.com
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]