FORUMS: list search recent posts

auto-open finder window on UDF disc?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hitparader
auto-open finder window on UDF disc?
on Jun 19, 2007 at 8:15:15 pm

Hello - quick question with regard to DVD-ROM authoring. A client is producing a disc that has both DVD-video and DVD-ROM content. The ROM content is cross platform, PC and Mac. What the client wants is on the Mac side, for the disc to pop open a small finder window with the appropriate program icons displayed. This is very common on CDs and is a nice replcacement for the lack of autorun functionality on the mac.

The problem is, the only way I know how to do this is with a bit of scripting that only works on HFS+ volumes. (there's a nice program that also does this for you, http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15282) Anyway, the problem is this scripting does not seem to work when the disc is written as "true" DVD-ROM (UDF) volume. Of course, I can burn the disc asn an HFS+ volume, which allows the auto-open thing to happen, but then the video_ts folders are not recognized as such so the disc wil not play back in a set-top player.

So what I am asking is if there is a way to author the disc so the DVD-video is UDF, but the ROM content is HFS. Or is there any way to do the "open a finder window" thing on a UDF disc.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

PJ Palomaki
Re: auto-open finder window on UDF disc?
on Oct 22, 2008 at 4:14:39 pm

Yeah I've got exactly the same problem, did anyone find a solution for this?

Basically I'd want to open the UDF DVD finder window to display the DVD contents... Any idea?

PJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]