FORUMS: list search recent posts

Logging buttons clicked in DVD Lab Pro?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R. D. Hamilton
Logging buttons clicked in DVD Lab Pro?
on Jun 19, 2007 at 4:35:36 pm

Is there a way to log what the user has clicked, and then make that button not available when the user goes back to the menu? Basically, the client wants a DVD made up of several different videos linked from buttons on a menu. The user clicks on a video, watches it, and returns to the menu - but the video they just watched should not be available to watch again. When the final video is watched, they are directed to a new menu with several more videos to watch. Is this possible with DVD Lab Pro?

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Logging buttons clicked in DVD Lab Pro?
by
on Jun 19, 2007 at 5:32:43 pm

Sure...but would you need the video that has been watched to remain on the menu and not be able to click on it OR have it removed from the menu totally once its been watched?

E

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Jun 19, 2007 at 5:33:08 pm

and how many videos on the menu?

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
on Jun 19, 2007 at 6:51:54 pm

There are about 7 videos to watch on each menu. There will be a main menu, and then 3 sub menus with the links to the video clips. It really doesn't matter either way whether you see the button but cannot activate it, or if the button disappears entirely.

Thanks for your response.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Jun 19, 2007 at 7:21:11 pm

Hi R.D.

How good are your scripting abilities? :):) In a nutshell you'll have to assign each video a value to a GPRM. Once a video as been played you'll need to extract those values to find out which videos have been played and what to do if they have.

Basically each button needs to go to a script which looks at which videos have played and either returns to the menu without doing anything or plays the video.

Writing out a script on this forum would be impossible but I hope this gives you an idea.

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
on Jun 19, 2007 at 7:33:30 pm

Thanks again. This is exactly what I needed to know. I am not the greatest at scripting, but it helps to know that it is possible before I pull out all my hair trying to get something to work that isn't possible.

By the way, are there any good books, sites, resources, etc. on DVD scripting that you know of?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]