FORUMS: list search recent posts

Massive chunk vanishing from Scenarist project!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benn Gunn
Massive chunk vanishing from Scenarist project!
on Jun 1, 2007 at 3:14:32 pm

I'm waiting to hear back from Sonic about this but wondered if anyone else has encountered such a problem:

I recently authored a fairly indepth project on Scenarist 3.1.0. They then asked for some changes and I completed all of the changes required. These included removing a menu PCG and three VTS' of assets accessed from it. I also had to remove the relevant button from the main menu PCG and adjust grpahics and authoring accordingly to fit the new spec. I briefly proofed my changes in Scenarist and then compiled the project and burnt a disc.

The next day our QC operator checked the disc and all my required changes to spec were correct. I went into my project to make a couple of further tweeks and found that the project no longer corresponded with the disc my QC had checked. Most of the changes I had made the previous day were completely missing - the VTS' and their menu were gone but the button was still on the main menu PGC and various other pre and post commands throughout the disc remained as they had before the spec change.

I've also noticed that when copying menu highlight actions into other tracks and very occasionally copying commands in the scenario editor, that Scenarist refuses to multiplex an asset claiming it has no relevant highlight in the track. I don't know if this is connected to my larger problem but it's the only other issue I've recently experienced.

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Massive chunk vanishing from Scenarist project!
by
on Jun 1, 2007 at 3:42:17 pm

Did you try re-doing what you did they day before to see if the changes stuck? Sometimes Scenarist might crash somwhere and not save your changes - Gee maybe a save button would be nice Sonic!

Also, try right-clicking on your highlight in the track and set "align highlight". This will properly align the highlight info and your 8Bit.

Return to posts index

lukeny
on Jun 1, 2007 at 6:38:25 pm

I feel your pain! I was working on a project in Scenarist and went to delete a track that was no longer being used in the Scenario and POOF!!! all my tracks were gone! All I had left were the containers in the Scenario. Lucky for me there is NO undo so I had to recreate every track over again and place them back in the containers. To test again I went into an older project and went to delete just one track and yep it deleted all of them.

Sorry I have no input as to help but wanted to let you know that Scenarist (still is my favorite app to author with) is also the buggiest POS ever made.

Good luck.

-Luke

Return to posts index

joegill
on Jun 8, 2007 at 4:02:31 pm

You guys should have tried the .9 version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]