FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD copy protection program

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Bennett in Madison, WI
DVD copy protection program
on May 24, 2007 at 2:02:17 pm

I did a search on the Cow for DVD copy protection/authoring programs, but did not find any. I want to add copy protection to the DVDs that I produce for distribution. Any favorites, or feelings about which are the best?

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Bennett,
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC - http://www.bmmp.com

Return to posts index

lukeny
Re: DVD copy protection program
on May 24, 2007 at 3:22:17 pm

I have been testing Protect Disc (http://www.protectdisc.com) and have had great success with DVD-ROM/CD-ROM. I know it can do DVD-Video but have yet to test that. Protect Disc is only for replicated discs.

If you are looking for copy protection on DVD-R I am not sure if this exists yet. I remember reading something about Sonic having a way to encrypt a DVD-R with CSS but I'm sure it is not available to consumers yet or it is part of a VOD service.

-Luke

Return to posts index

eric
by
on May 24, 2007 at 5:18:28 pm

Just remember...if it can be encoded, it can be cracked. Besides, I'd like to know how much a unit would cost to replicate with "protectdisc"

If someone wants to copy your DVD-VIDEO disc, they will

Return to posts index

lukeny
on May 25, 2007 at 2:29:21 pm

"Besides, I'd like to know how much a unit would cost to replicate with "protectdisc""

Very inexpensive. Plus I have not seen anything that can crack it. However nowadays most copy protection is more to keep the everyday user from copying.

-Luke

Return to posts index

Bruce Bennett in Madison, WI
on May 31, 2007 at 6:40:58 pm

Luke,

I went to their Website. Sounds like the DVD-Video protection is for replication/stamping and DVD-ROM for burning.
You motioned that you are using the software for DVD-ROM/burning. Does this program run in the background/in conjunction with your burning software (i.e., Toast, Roxio, Nero)? If not, how does it work/operate?

This would be for a project that I'm going to sell to small businesses, so they probably would fail to copy it on their PCs and then would decide to buy another copy vs. risking copyright violation. At least that's what I'd hope would happen.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Bennett,
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC - http://www.bmmp.com

Return to posts index

lukeny
on Jun 1, 2007 at 10:25:06 am

The DVD-ROM/DVD-Video/CD-ROM protection only works from an actual Replicated Disc. Part of the protection is applied during premastering. I know of one company that does CD-R copy protection (I think they are in the works for DVD)and that is Hexalock. Hexalock requires special CD-RX media to record to.

Only problem I have found with any copy protection is even though the program/installer (EXE) cannot be copied, any or all of PDF, DOC, JPG, etc. can be copied.

-luke

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]