FORUMS: list search recent posts

Verification of a DLT from Encore

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Verification of a DLT from Encore
on May 22, 2007 at 9:54:15 pm

I've made several DLTs for replication, from Encore, and never had them independently verified. My clients have never reported a single problem. I have a big order coming up -- should I get my DLT verified, or is that a waste of time and money? I will be getting check disks, and probably using Cinemagnetics, NY.

If I should get the DLT verified, where do you recommend I go?

Thanks!

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Verification of a DLT from Encore
by
on May 22, 2007 at 10:07:10 pm

http://www.dvdverification.com/

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on May 23, 2007 at 5:05:08 am

I was aware of Trai's service. I just wondered whether putting the project on DLT made it less necessary.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

eric
by
on May 23, 2007 at 12:50:26 pm

Whether your titles is delivered on DLT or DVD-R or firewire, its still a DDP image that you'll need to test. Verifying a title can be expensive but it has saved me in the past - not only from delivering a bad disc but protecting me from a replicator which really doesn't care about who you or your clients are.

For all major studios releases its just a part of the QC process. I strongly urge my clients to get thier discs verified - some do, some don't.

Personally, if I would be releasing any retail disc, you'd BET I'd get the thing verified. It's such an under-rated part of the QC process in DVD.

E

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Thanks - will do
on May 23, 2007 at 6:40:35 pm

I appreciate the feedback. I will follow your good advice.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]