FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is Audio_TS nessecary?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Borden
Is Audio_TS nessecary?
on May 19, 2007 at 12:20:58 pm

Hello I've been gone for a while.. I have started using Roxio Creator to burn my DVDs and it wants to discard the Audio_TS folder.. I was under the impression that that folder was needed to make DVD-Rs more compatable.. My old program, Prassi Primo DVD2.0, that used to recognize the Pioneer DVD-R 107 (I think) will not recognize the 111D model. That's why the change.. But the only way to include the Audio_TS folder was to burn an .iso. The DVDs made with the .iso show both folders but will no play on my Pioneer DV 434 DVD player but will play on the computer with Sonic CinePlayer software. The DVDs made with just the Video_TS folder will play on my 434 player. I don't want to start sending out bad DVDs. Thanks for any insight..

Will Borden <^_^>
have computer...won't travel
http://www.fiberglass-repair.com

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Is Audio_TS nessecary?
by
on May 19, 2007 at 12:44:23 pm

The AUDIO_TS folder was reserved for DVD-Audio titles. Players only look for the VIDEO_TS. However, there were a small portion of earlier players which had reports of problems when no AUDIO_TS was present. I always include it just out of habit.

Return to posts index

Will Borden
on May 20, 2007 at 2:20:46 pm

Thanks Eric, That's what I kinda thought. I am going to try to find software that writes what I want it to instead of telling me what it's gonna write.

Will Borden <^_^>
have computer...won't travel
http://www.fiberglass-repair.com

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on May 21, 2007 at 3:19:50 pm

Nero will burn your DVDs with the empty Audio_TS folder (as long as you are not in Nero Express). Check their web site to make sure your burner is compatible.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

lukeny
on May 21, 2007 at 4:22:53 pm

Only one problem with Nero is it will write the Video_TS.ifo and Video_TS.bup in the same ECC block. This means if the .ifo files becomes corrupt the DVD player will not be able to read the backup(.bup) file. I'm not sure why this has not been corrected within Nero.

Basically if you are sending a master out for replication most likely the replication facility will reject the master for this error. Prassi Primo used do the same thing.

If you do want to include it with the Video_TS folder when burning just create an empty folder named "Audio_TS" and burn with any burning program in DVD-ROM mode ISO/UDF. Just make sure the contents in the Video_TS folder are in exact order when burning.

-luke

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]