FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD SP and Photoshop Background Art

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katya T
DVD SP and Photoshop Background Art
on May 3, 2007 at 1:41:58 am

Hello Cows,
Im relatively new to DVD SP and Im authoring a 72min foreign language doc.... I've figured out how to include 4 subtitle streams and even how to do it in Arabic but now Im designing the Menu pages with a friend and I have a question about size and resolution.

In Photoshop CS2 I made a document whoes Pixel Dimension is 720 x 540, Document Size is 10in width x 7.5in height and the Resolution is 72.

I have spent days tweaking the artwork and font style to minimize flicker and shimmering but now wonder if I have been working too small. Should I have made the art much larger in terms of its Width and Height in inches?

I ask because when I compare a DVD Menu page at full screen size on my 19in LCD monitor to my Photoshop file scaled up to fit the full screen, my file looks very pixelated and of poor quality. The DVD menu of "Dead Man" however looks sharp.

I cant runa test by durning a DVD ancd comparing because my friend has that equipment and he lives 3 hrs away... Im stuck here at home with Photshop only and need to post him these files soon so any help would be very kind of you.

Thanks for your help,
Katya

Return to posts index

lukeny
Re: DVD SP and Photoshop Background Art
on May 3, 2007 at 3:13:26 pm

Here is a link to a great guide to follow when creating menus for DVD.

http://www.dvdbycubist.com/# Click on the DVD Menu Primer.

Hope that helps.

Luke

Return to posts index

Katya T
Re: DVD SP and Photoshop Background Art
on May 7, 2007 at 11:21:06 pm

Thanks Luke!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]