FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delayed Button? How do they do it?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ZackMI
Delayed Button? How do they do it?
on Apr 5, 2007 at 2:42:45 pm

Hi all,

I'm making a DVD motion menu (with music) in Avid DVD by Sonic and I don't want any of the buttons to show up until about 10 seconds into the menu. I've seen this done a bunch of times on many DVD's. Can anyone tell me how to get this done? Thanks!

Zack

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: Delayed Button? How do they do it?
on Apr 6, 2007 at 3:18:30 pm

Sorry if this doesn't help (I've never used Avid DVD), but I've done this with other packages (DVDLab PRO, DVD Architect, Encore DVD, DVD Workshop, and even the free DVDAuthorGui). Basically, you prepare your motion menu with the buttons "burned into the video", and have them fade in at a certain point. This video becomes your motion-menu background. You then add your button highlights at the end of the "fade-in" -- either using external highlight subpics, or using highlight objects in your software and setting a "Loop Point" or some other indicator of when the buttons should become "active" (i.e. selectable by the viewer). Making the buttons selectable at a certain point is the tricky step, and it's a little different depending on the software you are using.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]