FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gokurocks
DVD problem
on Apr 4, 2007 at 10:44:15 am

Guys!!I have a problem with my DVD combo(samsung CDRW/DVD SM352F).The drive sometimes reads a DVD but not always.I dont know what to do.Anyone has an idea??

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Vincent Rosati
Re: DVD problem
on Apr 12, 2007 at 4:56:10 pm

It could be the player or the media.
You can check Samsung's web site to see if they offer a downloadable firmware update.

DVD-R or DVD+R?
DVD+R doesn't hold the DVD logo because it doesn't meet the spec's, and is not the correct medium for DVD-Video.
Also, many burner manufacturers and some burning apps offer 'Bitsetting' for DVD+R, to allow the creation of a DVD-ROM volume instead of a DVD+R volume. DVD-ROM may, in rare instances, help a DVD play on an older player, but you're still using DVD+R and it will never be a true pressed DVD-ROM.

DVD-Video should be burned on '-R' media at the slowest speed your drive is capable of, and always verify the burn with your burning software - it should be an option. These steps do create a more time-consuming process.

Also, I understand that older DVD players (I doubt this applies to your player) require the AUDIO_TS directory for compliance in DVD-Video.

Just some thoughts. : )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]