FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you use a set of DDP images to recreate a DVD9?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kermit
Can you use a set of DDP images to recreate a DVD9?
on Apr 2, 2007 at 7:18:49 am

I have a set of DDP images from a Dual Layer disc that has been burnt onto 2 single layer dics.

Unfortunately since the DDP images were made I have needed access to recreate the the original Dual Layer disc and all I have is the single layer discs with the DDP data.

Is there anyway to recreate the Dual Layer discs using the DDP images...I've checked Gear Master Pro and can't see any obvious way to do this?

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Can you use a set of DDP images to recreate a DVD9?
by
on Apr 2, 2007 at 4:06:45 pm

Gear is picky when writing a DDP image back to disc. I think it will only work with DDP images it wrote itself - shotty at best.

DVDAfterEdit is what you need...but it's mac only at this point.

http://www.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

kermit
on Apr 3, 2007 at 1:13:36 am

The DDP data was made in Gear....but because the they were made from a Dual Layer disc they are stored as Layer 0 and Layer 1 DDP images (DAT files).

Do you have any idea how I might go about putting these layers back onto a single DL disc using PC?

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Apr 3, 2007 at 3:02:01 am

Gear and AfterEdit are the only apps which will do this kind of stuff. Try Gear (they have a good forum on thier site). Your only other option would be AfterEdit.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Apr 3, 2007 at 8:46:13 pm

Kermit,

There is a way to do it. You need to be at least a little bit comfortable using the command prompt window.

I've done this several times without problems.

1. Rename the main.dat files. Change the one in Layer0 to main1.dat and the one in Layer01 to main2.dat and put them in the same folder.
2. Open the command window (Start>Run>cmd.exe ) and change to the folder where you put the two .dat files. If the path to the files were X:dvd projectlayers then you would type x: cd dvd projectlayers The command prompt should look like this: X:dvd project
layers>

3. Issue a copy commmand that looks like this copy main1.dat /b + main2.dat /b discimage.iso (This will contantenate the two dat files into a new file named (in this example) discimage.iso. You can name it anything you like but it should have the iso extension. The process will take many minutes.)
4. Use your favorite burning software (Nero, RecordNow, Roxio, insert favorite here) to burn the iso image to DL media.

Note that if the DDP fileset was created using 2054 byte sector headers (as should be the case for a disc that is to be CSS encrypted) there is no point in doing this exercise. The resulting disc won't have the CSS keys on it and will be, as far as any DVD player is concerned, an illegal copy and it will not play.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Return to posts index

kermit
on Apr 4, 2007 at 1:37:27 am

Dave,

Thanks your suggestion worked a charm as I didn't have any CSS protection on the original project...saved me many hours of work.

Cheers,

Kermit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]