FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD burning software

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cmerillo
DVD burning software
on Mar 28, 2007 at 5:03:20 pm

I have just authored my first dual layer DVD using DVD SP 2.0. I saved the disk image to a hard drive and now need to burn the DVD. I tried copying the .img file to a blank DVD using the OS X Tiger burning utility but that just burned the image as a data disk. What is the best software out there for burning dual layer video dvds? Roxio Toast seems to be the standard but I was wondering if there is a better program out there before I spend my money. Thanks.

By the way, is this the proper way to do this? DVD SP 2.0 can't burn DL disks. So I output an image file and copy the image file to the new software and burn with that. Is that correct? Thanks.

Return to posts index

kermit
Re: DVD burning software
on Apr 5, 2007 at 4:30:37 am

I'm working on a PC so I'm not sure if this will work on a MAC.

I've had good experiences interghanging the extension of most large files, i.e. I often use Encore to author DVD's and Nero Pro for copying and replication, however I will often change the file extension to an ISO as I've found that most programs can recognize this regardless of the native extension the program wants to give it.

It shouldn't matter too much if it is a single or dual-layer DVD project as a prgram like Nero will only allow you to burn to media that can contain the file sizes.

The most important fact is to make ABSOLUTELY sure that you burn the file as an image not as a Data file. Unfortunately I'm not certain whether Roxio has image burning capabilities though I would surprised if it didn't.

Return to posts index

frippy
Re: DVD burning software
on Apr 7, 2007 at 6:08:41 pm

You need:
1. Write IMG file on PC on Windows
2. Use Software ImgBurn or DVDDecryptor
3. SET LAYER BREAK sector number
4. SER BOOK-TYPE to DVD-ROM
5. All be All right! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>