FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio only buttons in DVDSP4

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kwamba
Audio only buttons in DVDSP4
on Mar 24, 2007 at 11:39:44 pm

Is there a simple way to add a button to a menu in DVDSP4 that will play an audio file only when a user selects it?

We are authoring an interactive DVD containing a GUI with buttons leading to a lot of sub-menus. There is a narration audio clip (AC3) for each of the sub-menus, and we would like the user to have the option to click on a speaker icon (button) to play the narration file when they are ready.

We've tried a number of work-arounds for this, including:
1) Putting the audio in the background of each sub-menu to play automatically (downside is user can't control it, user is forced to listen to it right away when entering sub-menu)
2) Putting the audio file in a track by itself so when user clicks on the speaker button, it jumps to this track and then ends back on the original sub-menu (this gives an "illegal angle" error, it only works if we put a graphic in the video (V1) portion of the track)
3) Putting the audio file in another sub-sub-menu with a graphic of the same menu background , so when user clicks on the speaker button, it jumps to this sub-sub-menu and then ends back on the original sub-menu.

The last two options will work if need be (I think #2 will be slower than #3 because of where menus are located physically in the burned disc, right?), but it seems there should be a better way to do this. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Wendy, Kwamba Productions

Return to posts index

Randal Liu
Re: Audio only buttons in DVDSP4
on Mar 27, 2007 at 6:55:19 am

As far as I know, I don't think there is better method than #3. We have done such way before. Also please remain the highlight button when back.

Return to posts index

kwamba
Re: Audio only buttons in DVDSP4
on Mar 27, 2007 at 5:24:36 pm

OK, thanks for the input. It seems to be working reasonably well to just jump to another menu, as you suggest, so we'll go with that. Thank you!

Wendy, Kwamba Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]