FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP vs Sonic

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ggdelarge
DVDSP vs Sonic
on Mar 20, 2007 at 4:37:33 pm

Can anyone tell me if DVD Studio Pro is better or worse than Sonic? I always hear everyone say sonic is better, and maybe it was, but is it still? and why? I understand that you script sonic yourself and DVDSP does it for you, but does that make a difference? I am creating a DVD for mass distribution (but duplicated) and am curious to know if i should go one way or the other. If anyone could provide me with any reasons for one or the other, id greatly appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Trai Forrester
Re: DVDSP vs Sonic
on Mar 26, 2007 at 12:12:45 am

Hi ggDeLarge,

Every Sonic authoring house will come across the need for DVD SP and the couple of utilities that support it, sooner or later (or every week, depending on the clients needs); due to a crucial feature left out of its tool set. And DVD SP leaves out a couple of capabilities that only Scenarist allows. DVD SP has some ultilities that can extend it's range, but thre's still those couple of features that will need the Big Boy.

However, In both scenarios (DVD SP vs Sonic, or, DVD SP and supporting utilities vs Sonic), the authors conceptual grasp of the physics of DVD authoring is paramount; as it's entirely possible for the author to create quite a tangled navigational web in S

Return to posts index

brian
Re: DVDSP vs Sonic
on Apr 11, 2007 at 9:51:22 pm

Trai,

I do not know where you get your information. By far the best authoring software for DVD's is Sonic Scenarist. It is a true DVD spec authoring application. When DVDSP can get rid of it's abstraction layer I might give it a bit more credit. Anyway if you want to do autoruns and simple menu DVD's DVDSP is alright.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]