FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scenarist skips title menu from open

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edit 108
Scenarist skips title menu from open
on Mar 19, 2007 at 8:20:34 pm

My first play on the DVD is an open video (which i have in the VideoManager folder with my main menu). The post command on the open video is for the Main (Title) Menu, but if you press skip on the remote while the open is playing, it takes you to the root menu in VTS_1.

The client really wants to see the main menu after the open when he hits skip on the remote & i'm sad to say, i don't know how to redirect the action to go to the title menu instead of the root! (Even though if left to play in it's entirety, it goes to the Title menu anyway).
Any ideas???

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Scenarist skips title menu from open
by
on Mar 19, 2007 at 10:55:53 pm

Mmmmm...not sure why it's going to the root menu of VTS 1. Pretty simple fix here. Instead of going to a menu in the VGM, go to a Title first (TT which is good practice anyway to prime your player buffer).

In the track editor put a chapter (PG) 1 sec before the end of the track. Then disable your UOPS for "Next" & "Previous" for that final PG (chapter). Here's how it will work:

First Play - VTS 1(TT1) - post command main menu. When your client hits next during the "Open" they will skip to that chapter you put in there, then immediately (1 sec) post command up to the VGM where your Main Menu sits.

Return to posts index

George W.
on Mar 20, 2007 at 11:53:41 am

Hi Eric,

Which software will allow me to modify the UOPS on a specific CHAPTER? I didn't know that was possible, but will be cool to implement it :)

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Mar 25, 2007 at 1:29:14 pm

Scenarist will. Not sure about DVDSP or others.

Return to posts index

Edit 108
on Apr 9, 2007 at 3:41:50 pm

Thanks Eric, I know i'm a bit late in response, but i appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]