FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scenarist DVD size issue

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
benn gunn
Scenarist DVD size issue
on Feb 27, 2007 at 3:22:02 pm

After authoring a DVD-5 project in Scenarist which fits the disc to near capacity (anywhere between 96-100% with a blue capacity bar) I find that if I compile the project to burn to disc and return to check the size of the project, it will have increased to 100% with a RED bar. This happens even though I havent changed anythign in the project.
I dont understand how Scenarist can change its mind like that for apparently no reason. When this happens I have to go back and re-encode assets in order to bring the size down so I can write a DLT.

Anyone know why this happens and how to solve it (other than not cramming so much onto a disc)?

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: Scenarist DVD size issue
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:04:14 am

[benn gunn] " find that if I compile the project to burn to disc"

This implies that you successfully burned a disc. Is that so? Did Scenarist warn you with a "may not fit on disc" message?

[benn gunn] " it will have increased to 100% with a RED bar"
Try multiplexing all your tracks before you look at the project size. That should provide more accurate results. Prior to multiplexing Scenarist is mostly estimating.

Return to posts index

Frippy
on Feb 28, 2007 at 7:21:32 am

Must check VIDEO_TS folder size after nultiplexing.
If VIDEO_TS size 4.700.000.000 or more - Scenarist (or other software) can't create image or write to DVD-R.
If no more than 4.700.000.000 - create image and burn with scenarist or other software :)

Return to posts index

dgoodbourn
on Feb 28, 2007 at 12:08:21 pm

Hi there,

You shouldn't really trust what the sort tracks displays as it's never 100% correct. Basically, if you can build a discimage, then it'll fit on the disc, if you can't, it'll give you a message of how much it's over the size for. Just remember to do the discimage at 2054 if you are having copy protection on it.

Cheers,
D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]