FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-9 with more ROM content then Video

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lukeny
DVD-9 with more ROM content then Video
on Feb 21, 2007 at 5:27:39 pm

Hey guys, let me explain my situation first.

I have a customer that wants a DVD-9 Video/ROM, with both Mac and PC files. The video file is just a spash screen that comes up stating to put in a computers DVD-ROM drive (in case it gets put in a set top). I have to do this on a MAC because of the resource forks. Plus we can output directly to DDP from DVD Studio Pro. However when I go to output DVDSP says that it can not find a suitable layer break. I know it is looking in the Video for the layer break but the video is only 10 seconds long. The ROM data takes up the rest of the space.

My question: Anyway to create a DVD-9 with more rom content than Video? Remember I need DDP as the end result. (I can output DLTs but there are going to be a lot of these on tight turns so as we all know DLT's take FOREVER to write to)

Also, I have tried Scenarist, which works great, but no resource forks.
I have tried ROM Formatter but can't output to DDP. (Not paying for 2 Plantdirect licenses)
I have tried Gear Mastering Edition but it loses the Resource forks as well.

I don't have to have the VIDEO_TS on the disc but outputting from DVDSP will include it anyhow in the DDP image.

I hope all of this makes sense. I would love to hear some suggestions. I'm stumped.

Lucas Fazzary

Premastering Engineer
Evatone, Inc
Clearwater, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]