FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time display missing in DVD After Edit project

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
benn gunn
Time display missing in DVD After Edit project
on Feb 15, 2007 at 11:09:26 am

I've been using DVD After Edit mainly as a DLT platform but have just used it for the first time to make authoring changes to an old Scenarist project. I've brunt a disc to check it beofre i DLT and have found that all time display information apopears to be missing (ie. the players cpunter doesnt show any information when playing back video). I've tried on a number of hardware and software players and the only thing I've managed to get is a chapter number display.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can rectify it?

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Time display missing in DVD After Edit project
by
on Feb 15, 2007 at 3:13:34 pm

Hard to say without knowing exactly what you did to re-author the title. Why don't you post on thier forums? - I think you'd get more help over there.

Return to posts index

benn gunn
on Feb 15, 2007 at 3:29:08 pm

I'll do just that! In the meantime, this is what I did:

I ripped the old project from a check disc and just re-ordered the episodes and replced the episode index to match. Thats all. No new video assets. The origianl disc had no such issues so having not chnaged the mpegs themsleves I hadnt anticipated this kind of error.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Feb 19, 2007 at 6:05:00 pm

This is a DVD Spec issue that crops up regardless of the authoring software you use. If you have multiple titles within a title set, that will break (cause to not display) the time counter information on the DVD players display. Some authoring software will give you an error such as "Title Not One Sequential PGC" when you create such a structure, although the footage will play correctly as a spec-legal structure.

The solution is to have one title per title set. Some authoring software will rearrange the logic under the hood for you so that this problem does not appear.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]