FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD LAB PRO:Links Between Movies And Motion Menus Separated With Cells

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alfred
DVD LAB PRO:Links Between Movies And Motion Menus Separated With Cells
on Feb 14, 2007 at 12:46:55 pm

Hello!

I'm doing a dvd project with DVD LAB PRO and I have several menus, videos and chapters.
Everything is going correct but in to improve myself i want to make it better. The problem appears with the link between movies and motion menus. I have 3 diferent menus that redirect to a various movies. Those menus are made of an introduction and after the buttons appear. I've done the backgrounds with after effects and then i used cells to mark the point where the buttons get highlighted. The problem appears when any movie ends and returns to the menu because when it returns, it returns to the begining of the menu and not at the point the buttons appear. I indicate in the connection window where to return (f. ex. menu 3, button 2) but it still returns to the begining.
I have tried with several VM COMMANDS with no results.
Any idea?

I hope someone can help to find out how to solve the problem. However, is it correct to split a motion menu in two different cells to separate the introduction and the highlighting section? Is any other possibility to do this without having a lag between introduction and the proper menu?

Thanks in anticipation!
Alfred.-
Spain.

I'm the new Gondry!

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: DVD LAB PRO:Links Between Movies And Motion Menus Separated With Cells
on Feb 14, 2007 at 2:02:34 pm

[alfred] "is it correct to split a motion menu in two different cells to separate the introduction and the highlighting section?"

Yes, that approach should work.

[alfred] " have tried with several VM COMMANDS with no results."
That is the right idea. I am not familiar with DVD Lab Pro and how it represents the commands or it's proceedures for setting commands. In Scenarist you would put a command in the post PGC section (commands that execute after the PGC finishes playing, in this case the menu's PGC) to link to the cell (PGC#, a.k.a. chapter#) that represents the start of the highlight area. So investigate the linking commands available in DVDLP, you should find the correct VM command is one of those.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: DVD LAB PRO:Links Between Movies And Motion Menus Separated With Cells
on Feb 14, 2007 at 7:36:56 pm

You could add the following two VM Commands in the PRE-COMMANDS of your menus (it assumes you are not using GPRMx anywhere else in your DVD, and GPRM0 through GPRM9 are available for you to use freely -- GRPM10 is also available if you do not use a HUB Object).

If (GPRM1 > 0) LinkCN 2
GPRM1 = 1

NOTE 1: the idea is that the first time through, GPRM1 = 0 (initial value when entering the DVD for the first time). So the "IF" statement is NOT executed. The very next line sets GPRM1 to 1, so that subsequent visits to the menu, the "IF" statement will be true, and immediately link to cell-2.

NOTE 2: you can change GPRM1 in both lines of code to GPRM2 (for a 2nd menu), and GPRM3 for a 3rd menu, etc... If you start running out of GPRMs, then you can code it differently (but this example is just something to get you started).

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]