FORUMS: list search recent posts

Business card DVD's

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fongaboo
Business card DVD's
on Feb 10, 2007 at 7:43:39 pm

I had been searching for some business-card shaped DVD-R's or DVD+R's and couldn't find any. I found plenty business-card shaped CD-R's though.

I found one service that offered business card DVD's for duplication/printing.

I was talking to my friend about this and he responded by saying the CD-R's hold five minutes. "Yeah, but that's a CD-R so it could only be a data-disc with some video file on it. Therefore it could only be played in a computer. Unless you made a VCD which wouldn't be guaranteed to play in all players."

But that got me thinking. What happens when you drop VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders with MPEG2 streams onto a CD-R? Does it just behave like a small DVD at that point?

Going back to the listing for the business-card DVD-R duplication, they displayed the DVD logo, bu I noticed that they stated them as holding only 350meg. Just ballparking it, that number suggests to me that those are CD-R in density. So I am wondering if they are pulling an MPEG2-on-a-CD trick.

Anyone knowledgeable about this? TIA

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: Business card DVD's
on Feb 11, 2007 at 12:14:54 pm

Putting a VIDEO_TS folder on a CD creates what was called a cDVD. This will play fine on computers that can play DVDs, but not at all on standalone DVD players.
Also remember that Windows XP cannot play DVDs without additional DVD player software added.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]