FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Lab Pro - Basic Button Question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R. D. Hamilton
DVD Lab Pro - Basic Button Question
on Feb 9, 2007 at 2:02:40 am

I normally author DVD's using Adobe Encore, however a complex job came up and I was pointed at DVD Lab Pro to do it. It is fantastic, except I can't seem to figure out how to do some simple things that were very easy in Encore (with help from Photoshop).

My problem is that when I create buttons with text, I need to also create a shape layer beside it that will be invisible, but show up when the button is highlighted. The reason being is that if there are only two buttons available for the viewer to select, it is difficult to tell which button you have actually highlighted based on colour alone. (unless you really remember the link colours from other menus...but what kind of average viewer would have that much attention to detail? :D )

I would like to create an arrow pointing at the text button that clearly shows which button you have highlighted. I have tried using hotspot grouping, but the arrow is always there...it just changes colour, which leads me back to my original problem. I need to make that object disappear when it is not highlighted, but not have the actual text button dissappear - which is far as I have gotten. I have searched the help files, but haven't found anything as of yet.

I am hoping someone kicks me in the arse before I spend a whole day searching for something that is only a couple clicks away.

Thanks guys! You're the best!

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: DVD Lab Pro - Basic Button Question
on Feb 9, 2007 at 4:34:52 am

Before using the Group Hotspot tool, left-click the arrow (to select it), and then use the LINK tab on the right, and make the BUTTON VISIBILITY = Invisible Normal. Do that for both arrows. Then use the Group Hotspot tool to draw the hotspot around the text and arrow (the arrows will be invisible, but you should still see a dotted outline around the arrows).

Now, if you only want the ARROW to highlight as you navigate your buttons (and not the text), do the same thing as above, but DO NOT use the Group Hotspot tool. Instead, just draw a rectangle around the "invisible" arrow and text (to select them both). Then on the top use Menu/Create/Combo Button (click yes in the popup window to create the button). Then add your link...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
Re: DVD Lab Pro - Basic Button Question
on Feb 9, 2007 at 5:21:53 pm

Thanks a lot man. I was trying to set the visibility of the arrow after I had the hotspot in effect. Thank you so much for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]