FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema Craft NTSC encodes

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
benn gunn
Cinema Craft NTSC encodes
on Feb 7, 2007 at 10:37:40 am

I'm using CCE to encode about 90% of my DVD content and have so far been pretty happy witht hte results. However, I've recently had a couple of NTSC projects which look awful. I've ended up having to re-do the encodes in Sonic Encoder, which has given me a usable result.

My bitrates ranged between 4mbps and 5.2mbps on a multi pass VBR (between 5 and 10 passes - more passes on the lower the bitrate) with 9mbps as my maximum and 0.5mbps below my average as my minimum. I used the mpeg standard q-matrix preset, and all usual NTSC set up settings.
Is there an issue with lower bitrate NTSC encodes thru CCE or is there something I can do to improve what I have?

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Cinema Craft NTSC encodes
by
on Feb 7, 2007 at 3:51:03 pm

Hard to say without seeing your source. What is your source and how long is the video? I can say the max of 9 is way too high and .05 to way to low. Avoid going over 8 - lower if you can. Your allowing your encoder to go to .05 - that will give you results you won't like at all.

Return to posts index

benn gunn
on Feb 7, 2007 at 4:07:36 pm

My minimum bitrate isnt 0.5. It's 0.5 below the average (eg if average is 5 then minimum is 4.5). I havnt had any issue inthe apst with these settings in the past year.
The source is a digi broadcast master, so its good clean footage that should encode well.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Feb 7, 2007 at 7:31:37 pm

Sorry..misread your post. Which of thier products are you using? What don't you like about the encode? Are there any scenes which might give encoders some problems (fast edits; quick flucuations in video levels, ect) Your settings sound good except the high setting. You can forced "I" frames in there top end encoders. If you have the space - consider a CBR encode as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]