FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help - DVD glitches

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erich Drazen
Help - DVD glitches
on Jan 24, 2007 at 6:05:06 am

I have been using Verbatim DVD-R discs for years without any problems. Recently, I have started experiencing glitches on the DVDs I have been burning. I purchased some Verbatim DVD+R discs and tried burning a recent project (where I had glitches on the DVD-R discs) and still had glitches. I pulled an older blank Verbatim DVD-R disc and tried burning the same project, and that played fine with no glitches. I am guessing that I just need to find a new reliable brand of recordable DVDs and I need some suggestions quickly, as I have a building backlog.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Help - DVD glitches
on Jan 24, 2007 at 6:28:32 am

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R. The best of the best.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jan 24, 2007 at 1:28:53 pm

Did you burn both discs at the same speed? Of were the newer discs burned at a faster speed (vs a limitation of the older disc)? Sometimes burning at slower speeds can help...

Also, what bitrates are you using for your DVD (Video+Audio)? Try not to go too high, as that might cause glitches (and perhaps a high-bitrate coupled with the new media was enough to show the glitches).

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Erich Drazen
on Jan 24, 2007 at 3:30:29 pm

I use Sony DVD Architect 2 and burn the discs with a bitrate of 6Mbps (or lower). Also, I've burning the discs at the slowest speeds available (1x for DVD-R and 2.4x for DVD+R).

Erich

Return to posts index

LifePrints Video
on Apr 12, 2007 at 5:55:23 am

hi there
I too am getting glitches. It's been quite a while now and it's driving us crazy. I'm using a G5 pre-intel, with 4GB RAM, and whatever internal DVD burner is in there (pioneer?)
Anyway, I was starting to think it is the burner itself. what kind of bitrate is too much and how can I adjust it down? and how much can i adjust down and still get quality in a timely fashion?
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]