FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is a good/reliable external DVD-R burner for Mac

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Brune
What is a good/reliable external DVD-R burner for Mac
on Jan 23, 2007 at 10:22:02 pm

Hello,

My current external DVD burner is a Lacie DL DVD-+R/RW (model # 3500 or 3800 something) and it won't accept any 16x DVD-R media. It only accepts 8x or slower--otherwise it just spits them out and throws up a prompt that says "Unrecognizable Media--cannot complete task". I'm sick of it. 8x media is near impossible to find now. In order to update the firmware Lacie tech support says I have to disassemble the unit, install the burner inside a PC to update the firmware and then put it back in its external housing it for use with my Mac. I'm not interested in doing that. I have a feeling that this machine will be a nice CD burner from now on.

Does anyone know of or recommend a really good external DVD burner for Mac? I'm not interested in a Blue Ray burner--just interested in purchasing a new external DVD burner that will accept most 16x DVD media. I've got several stacks of DVD media that I'm afraid I won't be able to use with this current machine.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

John Brune
steadicamjr@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

John Brune
Re: What is a good/reliable external DVD-R burner for Mac
on Oct 4, 2007 at 9:01:54 pm

Thanks everyone for chipping in and giving your two cents worth. And thanks for all the help on the AVID not digitizing video from the Sony V1-U issue as well. Keep up the good work! Don't know what I'd do without you--oh that's right--write AVID tech support or call B&H or better yet just pick up the phone or car keys and talk to one of my friends/professional colleagues. You've all been there when I've needed it. Take care!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]