FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggestions for an HD Project on DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danlefeb
Suggestions for an HD Project on DVD
on Jan 16, 2007 at 5:03:17 pm

I have a project coming up that will be done in full HD. I will need to split the project into both HD for an interactive presentation and SD DVDs of the presentation for attendees. My initial thought was to look into getting the necessary software/equipment for a Blu-Ray output for the presenter but as I'm doing more research I'm guessing that my best bet may be to simply play it off of a computer. Am I correct in this assumption?

If I am correct, then would there be any software that I could author both the SD DVDs as well as the Blu-Ray (or HD-DVD, but I like what I'm reading about Blu-Ray more) discs at once? Or am I going to have to author the DVD and then use some other interactive media means to create the HD version? Thanks!

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Suggestions for an HD Project on DVD
by
on Jan 16, 2007 at 7:20:20 pm

Be careful...not to many authoring platforms are ready for HD-DVD/BR authoring at this point. DVDSP will author HD-DVD but playback is shotty at best on players and there is no interactivity. you can play out from a G5 but still no interactivity. I believe DVDit has a Blu Ray authoring package but haven't tried it yet. Not sure how interactive you want your title but this is something that just not possible right now unless you want to spend 10s of thousands of dollars - and even the high-end sytem has tons of bugs.

Maybe you could play your HD footage from a deck while giving the SD disc to the audience.

Return to posts index

danlefeb
Re: Suggestions for an HD Project on DVD
on Jan 16, 2007 at 9:51:06 pm

Not extremely interactive. Basically it's a presentation - except it's utilizing 3D animation and I don't really want to do PowerPoint. DVD would be the ideal format because there is not nearly as much configuration required (I'm not sure what sort of computer we may be given by the conference center).

It is possible that I could play the footage directly off a deck; but I don't have an HD deck either. The footage will all be 3D and motion graphics. My position is relatively new so I've never needed (and therefore never purchased) any sort of actual video equipment. That may be something I should look into. On the other hand, it may not be worth the money to go HD yet. I'm trying to weigh my options at this point. Thanks for the input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]