FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD burning and CRT picture issue

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevvyb
DVD burning and CRT picture issue
on Jan 12, 2007 at 5:59:08 pm

I note from a few of the posts here that many who are knowledgeable on DVD burning seem to use DVD-R. Is my perception correct and if so is DVD-R 'better' in any way.

I think I have found one downside to DVD+R and that is that as far as my recorder goes anyway, I cannot dub a wide screen programme signal.

On that point I am also trying to work out how I can tell if a programme is broadcast in real widescreen and so if I need bother anyway. I'm confused in that if a signal can be stretched to display in any format, how I can tell what the original signal format was. I don't have a true widescreen display as yet but when recording programmes for dubbing to DVD if the signal is widescreen then I would like to record/dub in widescreen.

My recorder's fast dubbing speed seems to be 6x and this is now explained by the stuff I have read here about gear change affecting reliability of recordings.

On another issue:
My CRT is displaying a very fient black line about three quarters from botton of screen, all the way across.
My main concern is that this is nothing to do with the new DVD recorder I have bought. I have disconnected the new recorder entirely and fed the DTTV signal through a different receiver and into the TV. I am pretty sure the line is still there but appears to be even feinter. It's a bit like the wire you can see on flat screen CRT PC monitors but at the top. I hope it's my old CRT. To set my mind at rest can anyone give me any idea what may be causing this?

If anyone could confrim or contradict my suppositions and/or answer any of these questions I would be very grateful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]