FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-Rom, eDVD, playing off the harddrive

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Cuevas
DVD-Rom, eDVD, playing off the harddrive
on Dec 21, 2006 at 3:54:38 pm

For a convention, client has asked me to author a DVD-Rom, videos, PDF's, jpegs... I have eDVD and have no problem creating this for him to play off the computers DVD drive.

The problem is that they now want to take the DVD, transfer the material to the harddrive and be able to play it from there. I have tried burning a regular DVD from encore and linking to the eDVD files, but when transfering to the harddrive it will not play. Also have created DVD folder, same result. Finally I burned a data DVD using the nero software and transfering to the harddrive, this also did not work.

It seems that the interactual player, no matter how you open it always wants to look in the DVD drive for the material. Is there anyway create a DVD-rom that will play off the harddrive, that doesn't require me to learn how to use director?

Thanks
John Cuevas
Editor/CkandCo

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc
Re: DVD-Rom, eDVD, playing off the harddrive
on Dec 22, 2006 at 6:26:51 pm

eDVD looks for the "Volume Name" contained in eahc file paths. The only way I see is burning a .ISO file and mount it on the hard drive with drive emulator, such PowerISO.

Don't fear the tiger, the Cow is near!

Studio Plasma
Mastering & DVD
Montreal (QC) Canada
http://www.studioplasma.ca

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: DVD-Rom, eDVD, playing off the harddrive
on Dec 27, 2006 at 2:26:58 pm

Pierre-Luc

Thank you. Drive emulation was the trick. Ended up using Virtual CD - CD/DVD Drive Emulator. After reviewing the choices this one looked like the client will have the least trouble using.

Never would of 'thought outside the box' to come up with that solution.

Thanks again.
Johnny Cuevas
Editor, Ck&Co Media Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]