FORUMS: list search recent posts

simple looping DVD, no menus

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Quentin Block
simple looping DVD, no menus
on Dec 21, 2006 at 6:34:24 am

Hi,
I have some AE movies, 3 to 5 minutes in length, rendered at 720x480, with animation compression. I need to encode them as MPEG2 and then create DVD’s for each of them so that they can loop and play on DVD players, which will be driving LCD and DLP projectors, for several hours a day in an art installation.
I don’t want to create menus or anything like that, just play the movies as loops.
I’m on a mac and would like to know:
1. Which encoder to use? I have Compressor with my FCP and can buy QuickTime pro if need be. Or should I use something else?
2. What mac based authoring software will enable me to put this MPEG2 on a DVD to play as a loop in a DVD player? The least expensive reliable option would be the best for me.
3. Quality is always a consideration. What bitrate do you recommend for these short movies? 29.97 fps? LFF? Sound formats? Any other relevant settings or tips would be most appreciated.
Thanks so much for any advice.
QB

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: simple looping DVD, no menus
on Dec 21, 2006 at 7:07:50 pm

Do you have DVD Studio Pro? With this program you can create a looping DVD with no menus.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index

Quentin Block
Re: simple looping DVD, no menus
on Dec 21, 2006 at 9:14:24 pm

Thanks for responding, Don.
No, I don't have DVDSP... and I understand that it's quite expensive. My budget is very slim. Any other options?
I'm assuming that I can't just burn the MPEG2 on a DVD and pop it in the the player? In that scenario, I could use the player's looping feature to loop the movie...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]