FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ahhhhhhh. What's my alternative to Encore 2?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DavidC
Ahhhhhhh. What's my alternative to Encore 2?
on Dec 17, 2006 at 4:32:40 pm

Encore 2 keeps crashing during the build phase and frankly I'm tired of rebuilding my DVDs because Adobe won't provide patches to commonly known problems!

I'm producing a DVD that needs to out to replication on Monday so and I'm looking for another DVD authoring program to get the job done. My project will go on a Dual Layer DVDs with motion menus (preferably with seamless transitions.)

I've come across DVD-lab Pro 2.2 and DVDit

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Ahhhhhhh. What's my alternative to Encore 2?
by
on Dec 17, 2006 at 7:07:53 pm

Personally I think DVD-Lab Pro is the best tool on the PC side. What kind of patches are you looking for.

Return to posts index

DavidC
on Dec 18, 2006 at 4:43:56 am

My roadblock came in the form of a VobulatorTitlePlannerCGOPGrouper.cpp, line 297 error.. After about 5 hours of banging my head I found a solution thanks to Jeff Bellune in response to a another error with CVOBUPlanner.ccp. The issue is with more than 19 chapter points the same timeline. If this was truly a limitation why wouldn't Adobe check for it during the "check project" phase.

Also in my quest to resolve the "line 297" error I un-checked my "motion menus" which resulted in yet another crypted error message..

IMHO these issue can be easily fixed with a patch..

Return to posts index

austin
on Jan 3, 2007 at 1:31:05 pm

What is your crashing problem with Encore about? You're using QuickTime References? Well, then you should add inn the Audio tracks not from the reference it self but from a stand alone file (recomending AC3) and Encore won't crash.

I don't recomend letting Encore encode anything to MPEG-2 anyway, but if this is the way you do it, I only wanted you to know that Encore will crash when using QT Reference with both Audio and Video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]