FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects to DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger BURTON
After effects to DVD
on Dec 11, 2006 at 2:05:57 pm

Hi chaps ... Hope it's OK I'm going to post this in the AE forum as well 'cause the workflow I'm struggling with spans both areas ... I have a sequence of stills that I've brought into Ae and treated, zoomed, panned etc. No video at all. Rendered as a qtime animation codec upper field first (and, as an alternative; no fields) at 720x576. I then dragged them into toast to make a DVD and tried iDVD and also DVD studio pro (I'm not very familiar with DVDSP so need to double check the myriad of setting combinations)and burnt a DVD-R in my G4. I think I've covered all of the options/variations but the thing looks like c&*% especially on a tv monitor. I'ts just a plain old DVD, no chapters nothing ... I just want to send it to some friends so they can put it in their DVD player and it will play but the thing looks like it has real field issue problems ... playback is quite smooth and the audio sounds good but there seems to be terrible field flicker ... anyone any thoughts. Please be assured I've searched and searched the archives but nothing seems to strike home.

Best Roger

Return to posts index

Frippy
Re: After effects to DVD
on Dec 11, 2006 at 3:36:13 pm

First: you need to apply gaussian blur "vertical, 0,5pix"
Second: you need to use authoring software to create "playable" disk :)

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Dec 11, 2006 at 7:24:58 pm

Your problem is that you set your QT to "Upper Field First". Change this to Lower field dominate and re-encode - you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Dec 11, 2006 at 7:44:02 pm

Basically you need to match your source's field order in the encoder

Return to posts index

Roger BURTON
on Dec 12, 2006 at 7:14:38 am

Thanks frippy I'll try the blur trick and Eric ... I'll give lower field first a go. Regards Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]