FORUMS: list search recent posts

VCD Authoring [MAC]

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kaptivate_ag
VCD Authoring [MAC]
on Dec 9, 2006 at 1:56:44 pm

We have a new project where the final delivery format will be a business card CD containing a corporate showreel.

They have opted away from DVD and instead insisted on VCD as a delivery medium. Coming straight from a downconverted HD master (what a waste, lol) to a PAL 16:9 Anamorphic QT file, we dropped it into toast and used it's built in encoder to create a SVCD. The 20 minute project filled half of the CD on it's "best" setting. The quality was alright but not the best.

So the question really is, does anyone have any recomendations on any software to encode something into a VCD format that is around for OS X. I don't think compressor does it and as far as I know, Toast has no custom encoder settings.

If anyone has a better workflow for getting stuff onto VCD (shudder) then please share.

Thanks!

Also, toast letterboxed the 16:9 A-morphic clip into a 4:3 sequence. That's fine but i'm wondering if I should make it a 4:3 letterbox clip or just leave it as anamorphic as i'm not sure how VCD's obey the players aspect ratio settings. If anyone has any ideas on this it would be greatly appreciated.

The run is 10,000 replicated copys, so really can't afford to be wishy washy on the aspect ratio.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]