FORUMS: list search recent posts

eDVD4 error message

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
eDVD4 error message
on Dec 8, 2006 at 5:41:39 pm

I'm using eDVD4 successfully on the first, now-underpowered computer on which I installed it.

I tried to shift eDVD to another computer recently. I went through the whole rigamarol of getting a license key from Sonic, and the program seemed to install correctly. But I encounter the following error every time I try to use it, after inputting the basic project set-up info (folder location, size, skin, etc.):

"Error parsing automatically-generated video XML description file."

What does this mean, and how can I fix it? The first computer, on which eDVD works fine, is an HP xw4100; the second computer, which generates the error message, is an HP xw8200; both are running XP Pro.

-- Bob C.

Return to posts index

SS Scott
Re: eDVD4 error message
on Dec 8, 2006 at 7:56:31 pm

It means that interactual player is not working on your computer and thus eDVD can't use it to parse your video_ts. if you get IA working you will get eDVD working. here's a possibility. run your DVD player on your new computer. you may need to play a DVD once for the mpeg decoders to get registered. If IA can't see your MPEG decoders, it is not going to work properly.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Thank you!
on Dec 9, 2006 at 2:30:59 pm

Wow -- you nailed it.

I had never installed a DVD player on that computer. Once I did, all was well.

Thanks very much.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Adam Bolt
Re: Thank you!
on Apr 2, 2008 at 1:53:39 pm

I have exactly the same error message.

"Error parsing automatically-generated video XML description file."

The previous solution was to run InterActual player first and then create the eDVD project, but InterActual Player does not open and I have no option to play a DVD using InterActual.

I too am running a trial version of eDVD and have created a VIDEO_TS file with Encore.

Any other solutions known?

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Apr 2, 2008 at 3:54:33 pm

I haven't used eDVD for a long time, so I'm rusty, and I hope someone smarter sees your question.

But in case no one else replies: my problem turned out to be totally simple -- no DVD player had been installed on the computer.

IA still needs some "base" DVD player, I guess. So try installing a DVD player.

Hope this helps -- I bet it doesn't.

Bob

MacPro 2 x 3GHz dualcore; 10 GB 667MHz
Kona LHe
Sony HDV Z1
Sony HDV M25U
HD-Connect MI
Betacam UVW1800
DVCPro AJ-D650

Return to posts index

Adam Bolt
on Apr 2, 2008 at 4:36:52 pm

Thanks very much for the reply.
Yeah, I wouldn't be using eDVD at all if Encore had an inbuilt hyperlink facility.
I already have a DVD player installed - I use AVS DVD Player. So not sure why it's giving me a problem. Did you have the problem that you couldn't open InterActive as well as that error message (before you fixed it) ?
I might try installing another DVD player or a codec pack.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]