FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a Multi-Session video/data DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jaypeg
Creating a Multi-Session video/data DVD
on Dec 8, 2006 at 5:53:21 am

What I am trying to achieve is to make a DVD slide show (that can be viewed on household DVD player, with interactive menu etc) of images (up to 300) that includes the master image files (so you can access them for print).

I have created a video, Quicktime Movie, of the slide show and then created the menu/video content in iDVD. I then created a disk image of my DVD project (Video/Audio TS folder) from iDVD, no problem. I then burned the two folders in the video section of Toast, unticking the 'Close Disk' Option in Advance Options. It burned perfect, and was able to view the DVD as normal, great. But then when you go to try to burn a second session, the image files, on that DVD it will not let you saying 'Insert a Burnable Disk'. I believe that it is automatically creating a closed disk when it is creating the lead out (when the burned DVD is inserted, going into the Advance Options in Toast the Close Disk option is ticked automatically and greyed out). Is there any way to achieve this, making a multi-session video/data DVD, or am I chasing a bad lead. I have seen DVD's done like this before but not sure how it was done (application dependent or DVD authoring know how). I have heard that DVD Studio Pro could be the answer to at least solving some of these issues, but would prefer to have the creative flexibility of some of the video slide show apps (ken burns, match slide show to music etc)

Any help much appreciated.
Dave Cresswell
Mac OSX 10.3.9
Final Cut Pro 5
Toast Titanium 6.05
iDVD 5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]