FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encodes working on everything except QT and Apple DVD Player

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conrad Olson
Encodes working on everything except QT and Apple DVD Player
on Dec 5, 2006 at 4:59:27 pm

Something has stumpped me. I used DVD SP 4 to author my DVDs and usually only work with PAL videos. On the few occasions that we've been asked to create NTSC DVDs we send the videos to another facility to transfer/encode. I specify the bit-rate etc. and we've never had a problem before. The last batch is causing some issues though. They are all 6mbps CBR which is how I always encode our files. When I open the m2v files in QuickTime I can see small glitches as they play. In QuickTime the glitches just look like a dropped frame but in DVD SP or in Apple DVD player (once built to a VIDEO_TS folder) the glitches cause large amounts of picture break up. If I play the m2v files or open the VIDEO_TS folder in VLC, Windows Media Player (on a PC) or play the finished DVD on a set top player there is nothing wrong with them but if I play the finished DVD on a different Mac in Apple DVD Player the glitches are still there. These glitches are always in exactly the same place in the video.

I've spoken to the guy who has encoded them and he has tested the files at his end and can't see anything wrong with them and has re-send them to me but I'm having the same issue.

Does anybody know what is causing this? Is it something on our Macs or is there something I need to ask this guy to change?

Thanks,

Conrad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]