FORUMS: list search recent posts

Std. for non-HD DVD format? (progressive or interlaced?)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Lewis
Std. for non-HD DVD format? (progressive or interlaced?)
on Nov 27, 2006 at 12:55:01 am

I'm recording footage with sony and panasonic professional (standard def) cameras... both 4:3 (sony trv950) and 16:9 (the panasonic). I'm looking to distribute the footage via DVD only (no broadcast) for viewing on std. def. TV's (mainly) as well as HDTV's and computer.

I am using Vegas products (Vegas 7 and DVDA 4) and have been rendering to SD NTSC video. Should i be going for 24p?
Thoughts are much appreciated...
matt

Return to posts index

eric
Re: Std. for non-HD DVD format? (progressive or interlaced?)
by
on Nov 27, 2006 at 5:25:21 am

Yes...If you have the ability to shoot 24p then go with that. But never shoot interlaced then de-interlace your footages thinking it might be better when distributing on DVD.

Return to posts index

Frippy
on Nov 27, 2006 at 3:28:01 pm

24p on dvd????
hm.....news :)

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Nov 27, 2006 at 10:43:45 pm

Yes & No - The MPEG2 specs for DVD only supports 29.97 (NTSC) but a 24P source encoded with the progressive flags ON does produce a 24p DVD.

Return to posts index

puddinhead
on Jan 9, 2007 at 7:58:09 pm

I did that (video shot using 16:9 video in 24p)then converted via HD Link to AVI and edited in Vegas and rendered as a MPEG-2.

But the DVD plays great (colros and 24p ish like) on a PC monitior but just ok (video like) on a progressive scan DVD player.

I assume the HDTV would display 24p as are not most mass produced DVDs 24p anyway ?

Patrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]