FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding a pause on first frame before play in DVD Studio Pro 2

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonym
adding a pause on first frame before play in DVD Studio Pro 2
on Nov 17, 2006 at 1:39:50 am

Hello All,

I'm working in DVD studio Pro 2. Using simulator, I'm satisfied with how my DVD is running. My boss just now threw me a curve. He wants each segment to pause on the first frame and require the viewer to press play again before it starts. He also wants it to time out go back to Main Menu if play is not pressed within 2 minutes.

I've started reading Chapter 10 on scripting and it's a bit perplexing. Is this where I should be looking? Is there an easier/quicker way or fix to accomplish all the above. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!
Tony

Return to posts index

Frippy
Re: adding a pause on first frame before play in DVD Studio Pro 2
on Nov 17, 2006 at 7:45:36 am

By Sonis Scenarist NT you can create this disk quick and easy.
Just create PGC with:
your_segment_1
still with button -> cell command - GotoMainMenu, button command - gotoNextSegment
your_segment_2
still with button -> cell command - GotoMainMenu, button command - gotoNextSegment
your_segment_3
your_segment_4
your_segment_N

And, you can try to use DVDLab on PC. DVDLab can create stills with buttons.

Return to posts index

Antonym
on Nov 17, 2006 at 2:55:15 pm

Thanks for your reply...I've already invested time in DVD Studio Pro...I think you're suggesting other programs... I'm not familiar. I want to keep the job in DVD studio Pro.

Thanks again,

Tony

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Nov 17, 2006 at 4:00:24 pm

Thats kind of a wierd curve ball!! Does this disc have a main menu? You say you need to press a button on a menu to go to a video track but you want the first frame to pause until you press play / enter again??

Return to posts index

Antonym
on Nov 17, 2006 at 7:45:58 pm

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your reply. This DVD will play in a standalone player in a public place where a visiting guest(s) can pick one of these 5 segments and have it play. the idea is to limit the user options so all information within a track is played. The first frame serves as a slate to tell you what you'll see. Also when not being accessed it rests on main menu. This main menu part I took care of with Jump feature. I found the user operation in the inspector.

At the head of each track (5 in all) there's a chapter 1 marker. I've learned this happens by default. All are separate tracks being viewed on VI of the Track timeline. Still unsure about how to adjust these beginning chapter markers. My boss wants it to pause on the first frame (slate) then hit play again to watch video...

Hope this is is not too confusing...thanks again for any info you could provide!

Return to posts index

eric
by
on Nov 17, 2006 at 8:30:41 pm

Sorry but you didn't answer my question :)

You say you need to press a button on a menu to go to a video track but you want the first frame to pause until you press play / enter again??

But I think I understand. You can pause on chapter points just not on the first chapter in a track - at least not in DVDSP. I would have each button on your main menu go to another menu with your explanation of what your going to see but use your first frame of the track as the background for the menu. Now have an invisible button with a command to jump to that track. I'm pretty sure it might turn out looking OK for you, but its worth a try anyways. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]